Posted in Food and Beverage on 10.09.11
Dinner should always consist of healthy ingredients. There are healthy recipes that are easy to prepare.
It takes only twenty to thirty minutes to prepare a healthy dinner. Just make sure to plan the menu ahead and organize the ingredients in advance. Write down the menu for the week, and create a shopping list from there.
Many health-conscious people are fond of low carb dinners. With a little research, there are lots of sumptuous dinners that can be prepared. Healthy foods are after all equally delicious. Being healthy does not mean being boring.
Dinner is often considered the main meal of the day, when the family is gathered complete. Prepare healthy foods that everyone at the table will surely like. Dinner will be an enjoyable feast and a time to look forward to before the day ends.
Here are suggested recipes that take only 20 to 30 minutes to prepare:
Healthy Beef Skillet:
1 Tbsp paprika
1lb top round beef
1 ½ tsp oregano
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp red pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp dry mustard
3 C shape onion slice
8 red-skinned potatoes
2 C beef broth
2 large carrots, chop into thin, 21/2-inch strips
2 large garlic
- Slice the beef thinly across the grain into long thin strips, measuring to about 1/8 inch long and 3 inches wide.
- Combine oregano, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, dry mustard, red pepper and black pepper. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray to a large non-stick skillet.
- Preheat the pan and place it on high heat.
- Add the meat.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, potatoes, garlic and broth and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and lay green mustard. Cook until the carrots are tender, or for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the beef skillet in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.
Oven Fried Chicken
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ cup butter milk
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 ½ to 3 pounds chicken legs trimmed and chop into drumsticks and thighs, skin removed
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon salt
Olive oil cooking spray
Freshly ground pepper
- Whisk mustard, buttermilk, hot sauce and garlic in a shallow glass dish until well blended.
- Add the sliced chicken and turn over to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack in the baking sheet and coat it with the cooking spray.
- Whisk sesame seeds, flour, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, and baking powder in a small bowl. After that, place the flour mixture in a large sealable plastic bag or paper bag.
- Place one or two pieces of chicken at the paper bag and shake to coat.
- Spray the pieces of chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake the marinated chicken until it becomes golden brown (40 to 50 minutes)
- Serve in a large bowl.